Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Top Ten Books Featuring Travel In Some Way



'Top Ten Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books Featuring Travel In Some Way. Because I came up with a number of great books featuring travel I decided to refine my list to YA books only. 


Road Trips ... 

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

A number of YA novels feature road trips, but Amy & Roger's is by for my favourite. Matson uses the journey metaphor well. 

Airplanes...

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Three of the cutest, sweetest plane trips in the history of books with plane trips. Plus, each book features a truly magnificent cities: Paris, London and Amsterdam! 

Boats .... 

Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

Although not a favourite of mine, I did love all the boat stuff! The present day story takes place on Clementine's summer vacation, aboard her family's sailboat! Does anyone know any other stories with boats??? 

Travel, travel ... (featuring trains, planes, buses and more!) 

Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard, Just One Day by Gayle Forman, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series by Ann Brashares, and Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill

These novels give you a taste of what travel is all about: not how you get there but where you go! Although they feature modes of transportation, the start is always the destinations. 

Time Travel, Floo Powder and Brooms ... 

Harry Potter Series! Boy are there some brilliant travel methods in these 7 novels. I don't even think I could pick one, but I do think that I would enjoy the train ride to and from Hogwarts. Does that make me a muggle though? As it's the only one that doesn't really use magic???


1 comment:

  1. What a great way to break up the books you chose - by mode of transportation!! YAY! I love your books you chose as well. ;)

    If you can, come on by and see what I chose over on SnifferWalk Books related to traveling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...