Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Favourite Book Covers Of Books I've Read




'Top Ten Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week's topic is 'Top Ten Favourite Book Covers of Books I've Read'.




(the entire series of covers for the Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events Collections)

I'm not exactly sure what it is about these 10 book covers that I love, but they are definitely amongst my favourites. From quirky to simplistic, adorable to beautiful and illustrative to repulsing, I feel that these covers capture the stories that they contain. It's also funny that almost half of them are the UK/European covers of the novel. I'm note sure why but I almost always like the UK/European covers of books more then their North American counterparts ... 

What's your favourite book cover? Does anyone else like another county's cover of a novel more than the copy they own? 

4 comments:

  1. I often wonder why foreign covers are so much cooler! That Book Thief cover is oddly charming and much nicer than the one I have. I really like the Divergent cover. Insurgent is my favorite and I am still undecided on Allegiant...not sure about that red! Great picks! Here are mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-1uD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the UK/Europe The Book Thief cover! I have the North American cover as well, but my mom bought me a UK/Europe edition when she was in Germany -without even knowing how much i loved the book or cover! The Divergent series covers are beautiful! I can't wait to see how they look together. Great picks too by the way!

      Delete
  2. Meant to Be and Eleanor and Park have wonderful designs. I usually prefer the UK covers but there are a couple of exceptions to this rule - I prefer the US editions of Bunheads by Sophie Flack and Speechless by Hannah Harrington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! They're adorable! I love YA covers that aren't your stereotypical YA cover!
    There are always exceptions aren't there? Some of mine are Eleanor & Park and The Hunger Games Trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...