Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Book Romances That I Think Would Make It In The Real World



'Top Ten Tuesday' is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is 'Top Ten Book Romances That You Think Would Make It In The Real World (Outside of the Book)'. I love books with romance, but I hate when the romance does not seem realistic, or what some call 'Insta-Love'. So, let's see if I can even find 10 to satisfy this week's list. 


1. Tris and Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth. (You can read my review here)

2. Augustus and Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. 

3. Mia and Adam from If I Stay by Gayle Forman. 

4. Anne and Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. 

5. Rudy and Liesel from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

6. Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. (You can read my review here)

7. Henry and Claire from The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. 

8. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 

And look at that, I couldn't even make it to 10. I am sorry to say that I could not find 10 romances I thought would make it in the 'real world'. Nevertheless I didn't want to throw any old couple into slots 9 and 10, and call it a day, thus only 8. 

I also did not write something for each novel I included in the list, this week. This is only because when I started to do so, I was writing almost the same thing for all of the couples and novels. Basically, I believed that the above couples had what it takes to make it in the real world, for a number of different reasons. 

1. The above couple did not just instantly fall in love. Whether from friendship or a (somewhat) lengthy relationship, these couples are in it for the long haul. 
2. They are equals. The characters in these relationships both contribute something to it; they each work equally hard to get through the rough patches and keep the relationship going.
3. No love triangles. I think that love-triangles taint the romance, and thus none of the novels mentioned above contain what I would call, a central love-triangle. 
4. The Sw-ooooon factor (as Sarah Dessen would say). All of these romances make you feel that butterflies-in-your-stomach-permanent-smile-on-your-face feeling, just while reading about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...